Monday, December 28, 2009

Curiosity May Have Killed The Cat (Conclusion)

"Food For Thought"

Curiosity Leads to Investigation: For the Truth is Never hurt by Investigation.

My Friends, the Psalmist invites: "O taste and see that the LORD is good.." (34:8). Jesus did not criticize Thomas for saying, "Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will Not Believe" (John 20:25). At their next meeting, Jesus invited Thomas to ".. reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side. "(20:27). He does not want any of us "faithless, but believing" (20:27)

The Ethiopian was curious enough to investigate Isaiah 53, and even invited a stranger to explain its meaning to him. He left the encounter rejoicing (Acts 8:32-40). God counted the Thessalonian Gentile "noble" for their investigation of Paul's sermons (Acts 17:11).

My Friends, as previously stated, I Thanked God, for our little "Mikee D"

For It is good for young people and too, young Christians to ask "Why"?(Thanks Mike)!

For I just love it, my friends, when I hear a young Christian ask "Why" do we take the Lord's Supper every Sunday? Then of course even some New Christians ask "Why" teach baptism for the remission of sins? or "Why" place so much emphasis on missions, and personal work? "Why" not have pianos or organs in our Worship service? "Why" have elders instead of a pastor? "Why" the emphasis on love and marriage? "Why" do women not lead prayers in worship service? "Why" do Christians talk so much about heaven? "Why" does the preacher preach on hell? "Why" not jazz up our services with a choir, or with handclapping, humming, strobe lights, and drama? "Why" withdraw fellowship from a "Wayward" brother/sister? "Why" so much talk of God's grace, mercy, and love? Is there only one church God approves? "Why" have Gospel Meeting and Bible classes? "Why" not baptize babies? "Why" emphasize prayer and providence? It is wrong to dance, pet, dress in brief attire, and drink socially? "Why" is "Church" the center of our lives? "Why" do Christians love each other so much and seem so happy when they are together?

Well my friends, when we become curious enough, we will ask a parent, spouse, teacher, preacher, or elder for some answers (cf. Matt: 17:10; Acts 8:31; 1 Corinthians 14:35). For the Wise will even take out their Bibles and look up the answers so that they can know for sure (2 Timothy 3:16, 17; 2 Peter 1:3; John 6:69).

My friends, we all need to have our own faith, not just a "This is what my parents always said" or "Well its our Family Tradition" or "Well, this is what I was taught, so it must be right" or "The Pope, and the priest, and the nuns always said". But then when asked, "What" does God say in His written Word to You/Man"? "Oh, well we dont really do that, but sometimes we do, hmmm not really sure!"

Do You know anyone like that my friends? All Christians need to be able to say, "I Believe this because God said it, in His written Word, to Us"! "And to ignore it, or foolishly attempt to "Add to/Take Away" or just do some of what He says,(Pick&Choose) or even not Believe Him at all, is sin, and sin is what separates us from Him, now and thru eternity". "No Thank You"!

(Romans 10:17)

Investigation Leads to Knowledge which Leads to Faith: (Thanks Ror) "Learn To Be Wise, Is My Suggestion"

My friends, if we give Jesus claims a closer look, we never come away disappointed. He's not less than we've heard, He's more, much more! He astonishes people. People who actually saw Him ".. were beyong measure astonished, saying, He hath done all things well..." (Mark 7:37). He is the "Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending" (Revelation 1:8).

My friends, as we look into that "Light that Shineth in a dark place," the day of Faith will dawn, and the "Day star will arise in our hearts" (2 Peter 1:19). His claims are not empty; He is the "Fullness of God" (Colossians 1:19). He is limitless in the extent of His Power and Wisdom, and in the sweep of His duration. He is without Beginning of years or End of days. He is Infinite, Eternal, and Unchangeable in all the Divine attributes. Impressed My Friends? Who Wouldnt Be?

Faith Leads to Obedience Which Leads to Salvation:

Faith led Zacchaeus to "Obey" Jesus (Jesus gave him two commands-make haste, come down-and he readily did both), and Jesus told him, "Salvation is come to thy house" (Luke 19:9). Zacchaeus gives the impression that "Whatever" Jesus asked him to do, he would do.

My Friends, Jesus asks us to, "Hear" Him,(Romans 10:17), "Believe" in Him (John 3:16);8:24; to "Repent"(Turn Away)from " of our sins (Luke 13:3); to "Confess" our faith in Him to others (Matthew 10:32;33); and to be immersed(baptized) in water to have sins forgiven (Mark 16:16). He asks us to "deny ungodliness, and worldly lusts" and live "soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world" (Titus 2:14). For then He will "Add" you, to "His" Church(Acts 2:37)(Romans 16:16) Thus a New Testament Christian thus then Saved!

Faith "Obeys". Note my friends, the progression again: Curiosity leads to Investigation, which leads to Knowledge, which leads to Faith(Rom:10-17), which leads to Obedience (Romans 16:26) which leads to Salvation(Hebrews 5:8,9). As a sinner first coming to Jesus, my Faith (John 3:16), must lead me to Repent(Turn Away) of sins (Luke 13:3), Confess Faith in Christ's deity (Matthew 10:32,33), and be Baptized for the forgiveness of sins (Acts 2:38). Then my Faith must lead me to continue to walk with Jesus for the rest of my life (Revelation 2:19; John 14:15; 15:14).

My Friends, its my Prayer this day for You, that you'll choose to keep feeding your Spiritual Curiosity. You might find something better than "Nine Lives."

2 comments:

  1. Msg Rec'd from GhostWhisper
    Do you know what? I really have been blessed! I used to think I was cursed! lol


    This past year has been the most beautiful and the most challenging! My reward? I found that God really does hear prayers, God found me worthy when everyone else in the world has abandoned me, betrayed me and used me for wordly things that have no importance!


    God found me worthy enough to represent 6 million of his chosen people who suffered hell on earth. Is that not the most beautiful thing that you have ever heard in your lifetime from a person? I am truly so blessed.


    Curiosity may have killed the cat, but God's justice and love brought him back! Love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Status: Approved

    ip: 205.188.116.68Ghost Whisper 77 says:
    7 days ago

    Thank you Jim,


    I am not sure how I am encouraging you or others? I have so much to learn about the Bible but I do know God and God knows me well! ;)


    I have many things to work on and many things to fix and mend in my life with others. I am still human with 'conditions.' But I try so very hard everyday and I think that counts! Lots of people don't try at all or even give God a thought.


    I wrote that story to tell people ONE THING, oh actually two but mostly ONE thing, God exists and God does hear prayers and GOD found somebody, a nobody, a person with such 'conditions' to use as a vessel for his work, me!!


    So amazing that I am crying again!


    (the second thing was to expose the lies and corruption of an evil, evil man who is being protected!)


    Thanks Jim!

    ReplyDelete